- Wright’s Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix 500g
- Water 200ml
- Vegetable Oil 60ml (4tbsp)
- Milk Chocolate Chips 150g
For the topping:
- Butter or Margarine 200g
- Icing Sugar 200g
- Cocoa Powder 2 heaped tbsp
- Hot Water 1tbsp
- Sprinkles of your choice – we used coloured balls
What you do…
- Place the cake mix, water and oil into a bowl and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
- Place 12 paper muffin cases into a baking tray and spoon the cake batter evenly between them.
- Sprinkle a small handful of chocolate chips evenly on top of the batter in each of the muffin cases.
- Bake at 200C (390F), gas mark 6, for approximately 20-25 minutes or until springy to touch.
- Allow to cool before decorating each muffin.
- For the ‘topping’, mix the cocoa power to paste with the hot water. Sieve the icing sugar into a mixing bowl; add the butter or margarine and the cocoa paste until smooth and pipe onto the cakes.
- Decorate with your topping of choice.
- Alternatively you can use a ‘ready-made’ chocolate topping / frosting.
- Wright’s top baking tip: These chocolate muffins are the perfect show stopper to bring out at a birthday party or an indulgent afternoon tea with friends.
For more inspirational recipes go to Wright’s Baking.