Are you an undergraduate student looking to gain experience in the third sector over a three month period? Are you excited by the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in digital marketing whilst working for a worthwhile cause?
Based in Leatherhead, Surrey, our Digital team is looking for a smart, innovative and forward thinking intern to work on various digital media and digital marketing projects over the next three months. It is an exciting time for us as we are in the process of developing a new website and our brand.
As a digital intern, you will have the opportunity to learn and gain practical experience of a wide range of digital marketing areas, including SEO, PPC and social media, gain valuable experience working in a third sector business environment, and have a direct impact on our charity. You will also experience other departments at work and get a good feel for marketing and fundraising in this sector.
Activities will include:
- SEO (both for the existing and new website)
- Social media marketing including creating content for use on all our social platforms and assistance with campaigns.
- Resizing images for the web
- Copywriting for the web
- Website management including building online forms and web pages
- Compiling reports and interpreting website analytics
- Assist with paid advertising
- Working towards a relevant degree
- Experience of image editing software, such as Photoshop, and basic HTML knowledge desirable
- A competent and skilled online writer/editor
- Marketing and business skills also an advantage
- You can expect to gain the following experience:
- Knowledge of the third sector
- Practical experience of a wide range of digital marketing areas
- An opportunity to be involved in exciting digital projects
- Experience of growing and maintaining social media communities
- Working in an office environment, using a variety of computer software programmes
- Internal training for relevant skills such as public speaking and delivering presentations
- Eager to learn
- Excellent written communication
- An interest in all things digital
- A passion for social media, analytics, copywriting or marketing
- Forward thinker with the ability to think outside the box
- Responsible and keen to work independently and within a team
- Willingness to take ownership and pride in tasks set
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and CV, highlighting which intern placement you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to find out more call Louise on 01372 220 007.