Rainbow Trust provides emotional and practical support for families who have a child with a life threatening or terminal illness. We offer the whole family individually tailored high quality support for as long as they need it.
Purpose of the role:
Rainbow Trust organises and attends many events throughout the year and we need to not only sell tickets or fill places for these events we also need a wide range of prizes that can be used for fundraising purposes.
We are looking for a confident sales person who can help to secure prizes for Rainbow Trust events and raffles and also to help sell our events to companies and individuals.
- To research and build a list of companies to approach
- Using a mix of cold calling, emails and letter to approach companies re donating a prize
- To build and manage a list of prizes to include valid for dates
- Working from cold data and a RT warm supporter list; call individuals and companies to help sell tickets/places for RT events
- IT literate (Microsoft Office, Internet, Outlook)
- Sales or fundraising background is preferred
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Happy to work independently
- Confident on the phone
- Comfortable making an ask
- We ask that ideally you commit to a day a week between the hours of 10-4pm.
- We ask all volunteers to promote and adhere to all Rainbow Trust policies and procedures as relevant to their role
- Be responsible and accountable for the use of charitable resources
- Undertake training as required
- Cessation of Role – Although there is no obligation for you to give us notice of your intention to stop volunteering for Rainbow Trust, it would be appreciated if you could give us as much notice as possible, as this will enable us to find a replacement volunteer
Training & Support:
- Rainbow Trust induction
- One to one support
- Annual review of the role
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses where appropriate
- Opportunity to develop and update skills and gain new experiences
Must be aged 21 or over
Enrolment Form, References, Informal Interview
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com